ku ro i

What does an East Indian muslim born in Africa, married to a Canadian, living in Texas, stay at home dad, think of what is happening in the world?

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ethics?

When I played sports in my youth, I was extremely competitive. Winning was always the foremost goal. However, the first thing I learned as a child who liked to compete was you never cheat.
No matter how you justify it, if you cheat, the only person you are harming is you.
When you are alone, you know you cheated, thus you know you didn't deserve to win, thus your win wasn't earned, and you will know always you weren't deserving.

So it amazes me today when I see world class athletes who cheat. Where is the ethic? Where is the pride?

As I tell my children, you can win by cheating, but you will never feel the satisfaction of winning as a cheater. You will know you cheated.

The big lesson of life, is we have to live with our actions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home