ku ro i

What does an East Indian muslim born in Africa, married to a Canadian, living in Texas, stay at home dad, think of what is happening in the world?

Thursday, June 12, 2008

"I see Gray "

The rich are the ones who want to change the world from which they have already taken their share. The hardest thing to do is to help people when you have no means. Or to help people without fanfare. However the world needs so much help that this complain itself is petty.

Some of us are said to have @#$$$! you money, however this does not condone the @#$!! you attitude that comes with the money?
Life is a chance, and some of us who win the lottery or draw the right life, should remember we could easily have been born in a slum. I of all people have won more than my share of the lottery. First I was born in the family I was. Second the family lived in an environment where it had opportunities. Third the family moved to the western world. Fourth I was born a male. So when you see me walking down the street in my t-shirt (livelessdomore) shorts, and sandals do you see ME AS THE LUCKIEST PERSON AROUND? DO I LOOK RICH WITHOUT THE BLING?

Well I am, and I also am guilty of pride in my @#$!! you attitude which comes from contentment and clouds out the reality. Some people have no chance, and its not their fault. Just as the whole world is not liberal and democratic, neither is it republican and conservative. I have always been passionate and thought my passion was what drove me to right and wrong, black and white. This week a very dear friend opened up even more to me. By exposing me to his new experience I am starting to see Gray. Yes sometimes we have to help without strings and attachments. Yes people get into slum not by choice. Its not their welfare attitude, or dependence on entitlement, its the hand dealt them by life. I always thought it wasn't luck, but what you do which makes your life. However now I am wondering and this questioning is what is defined as Gray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home